Saturday, June 17, 2023

The Cowboy and The Brat


I recently added myself to Hayden Hall's email updates/newsletter. It came with multiple free short stories, many of which are prequels to series I need to read eventually. This short, "The Cowboy and The Brat," is a standalone (available via #BookFunnel).

["All I wanted was a few days to myself while my mom and her boyfriend were gone for a two-week cruise. I should have known there was no such luck.

She couldn't trust leaving me on my own. Now I'm stuck at my father's ranch. There's not much to see here: cows, horses, rustic houses.

And my childhood friend who grew up and sported a full-blown cowboy attire? Yum! It'll be hard to resist teasing him like I'd used to, especially when there was a whole new world of possibilities now that we were adults.

I want him. He wants me. Now we just have to admit it and deal with my meddling dad."]

This story was really cute! Lots of build up and connection and history and future. Though it seemed a bit choppy and underdeveloped at points. Either way, very fun short.

#thecowboyandthebrat #haydenhall #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blurred Lines (Darby U Hockey Boys #2)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...