Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Little Boy Blu (Little Big Hearts #1)


When I go through and binge-read authors, sometimes I read their entire backlist; sometimes I just read the books that interest me (again, not suuuuuper into paranormal, not much into historical, only just getting into dark romance, hard pass on distopian). Annnyway, we're not going through to binge-read Wendy Rathbone's works (some of them). Here's "Little Boy Blu" (the first book in her Little Big Hearts series).

["I am one of the youngest defense attorneys at my firm. I have to believe in my clients even if they’re guilty sociopathic jerks. If they are truly innocent, I grieve hard if I can’t win their case. When I go home, I just want to relax. How I accomplish that is my deepest secret.

It comforts me every evening to enter into my “little” space, to go back to the days I had no worries except what crayon to use to color a dragon’s head, or if I want macaroni and cheese or dino-nuggets for dinner. Wrapping myself in soft flannel onesie jammies with feet and hugging my teddy while I watch cartoons gives me pleasurable warm fuzzies all over.

I know there are daddies out in the world who might enjoy a boy like me. But I feel self-conscious about my habits and routines. I’m way too shy to go out and meet anyone. And what if I’m found out by a client or co-worker? My career would end.

But when I go to interview my new client, Makson Ferridyn, my world turns upside-down. The youngest son of a former crime family, Maks is not really a criminal since he was too young to participate at the height of the family’s activities, but his name comes with a bad reputation. I shouldn’t notice him. Or care. He’s just another job.

Then, right after his hearing, I fumble with my phone in my pocket and out drops a candy pacie ring pop. Maks leans over and picks it up. “Is this yours?” he asks.

I could lie. Or I could tell the truth. Either way, there is no going back from this moment."]

This story was very, very sweet!! It was also very informative; if you don’t know much about the daddy/boy kink/lifestyle (different things) or even the little kink/lifestyle (again, different brings), this book is a good way to learn! It was all open communication and consent and figuring out how one person’s needs and wants can fit with someone else’s needs and wants. 

Plus love at first sight!! What more could you want!?!

#littleboyblu #littleboymine #littlebigheart #littlebigheartseries #wendyrathbone #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suddenly A Murder

I thiiiiiiink I stumbled across Lauren Muńoz's "Suddenly A Murder" at target (not a targeted add this time--just lack of contr...