Monday, August 21, 2023

Trusting Quin (Tales Reimagined #2)


More reimagined fairytales. But gay!! :D R.S. McKenzie is currently working on a whole series of them (series named: Tales Reimagined). The second book is a Robin Hood retelling, and it's titled "Trusting Quin"

["Red
I knew from the moment I met him, one night would never be enough. He was the Daddy of my dreams—equal parts sweet and stern, 100% hot as hell. The intensity when we came together was like nothing I’d ever felt before. It was never meant to be more than one night, and he’d always be the one that got away. 

Quin
Weeks after the business trip where I spent an amazing night with a gorgeous boy, I receive a phone call in the middle of the night. My sweet boy is in trouble and needs my help. He comes to me trembling and tearful, and I’ll do anything in my power to help him. And I mean anything. Whoever hurt my boy will wish they'd never been born."]

Very I'd-burn-the-world-down-for-you and murder-boyfriends, and listen, I'm fucking. here. for. it. 

And listen, if you traffic humans, you deserve to be murdered, kay. But don't worry, Quin made suuuuuuure that these assholes got what they deserved. After all, they went after his Red (well Qiun would have murdered them for being assholes and trafficers).

Poor, sweet, sweet Red. He deserved so much more than his asshole family and a horrible "date." Of course, he got all of that and more with Quin, so he's not really complaining. ;)

I'm not sure exactly how accurately and creatively this followed Little Red Riding Hood, because I only know the cute nursery rhyme version (the Beauty and the Beast was fuck. ing. phe. nom. en. al.), but it was still really fun! If you enjoy revenge plots and protective Daddies and possessive boys and sweetness and fluff and steam and sex and guitars. 

I can't wait for the next book to come out!

Trigger Warnings: panic attacks, sex work, references to sex trafficking, graphic violence, murder, and more.

#tamingsavage #trustingquin #treasuringmichael #talesreimagined #talesreimaginedseries #rsmckenzie  #beautyandthebeast #littleredridinghood #cinderella #beautyandthebeastretelling #littleredridinghoodretelling #cinderellaretelling #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...