Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Grinch Kisses (Christmas Falls #1)


Who needs to finish the book you started the other day when you can ready a sunshine/grinch, Hallmark-y small town, sister's fake boyfriend novel? The first in a new multi-author series (Christmas Falls): this is D.J. Jamison's "Grinch Kisses."

["I'm the grinch who saves Christmas … Yep, you read that right. Every year I save Christmas--and Christmas Falls--by organizing a massive festival that sustains tourism for our little town. But it turns out when Christmas is your life 24/7, the shine wears off the twinkly lights after a while. The holidays are a heck of a lot of work, and when I go home, I want peace and quiet, not fa-la-la'ing on my porch. That all changes when my sister brings me an early Christmas gift. One I didn't ask for. One that's tall, broad, and handsome...

Suddenly this season got a whole lot brighter."]

So. Fucking. Cute! I can't. This book was so fun and sweet, and there was a metaphor of Griff's icy heart melting that wasn't too on-the-nose-grinch ("his heart grew three sizes that day"). There wasn't too much angst (and the angst there was both fixed quickly and justifiable). 

Griff was most afraid to let loose, to lose control, to grow close to someone only for them to leave again. Until he met Logan. Logan was most afraid to settle down, to grow too attached, to loose people he loved again. Until he met Griff. Too bad Jess (Griff's sister) had other plans. ;)

I can't wait to read the rest of this series. The cast revealed so far in this novel make the rest of this series sound so. fucking. good. And the business names?! Very Hallmark and cutesy and somehow not at all cringe.

#djjamison #grinchkisses 

#snowbodylovesme #getfrosted #silentknight #underthemistletome #clausingascene #noelfingway #readysetglow #scroogeyou #christmasfalls #christmasfallsseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...