Saturday, November 4, 2023

The Nanny Proposal


Trying to catch up on things that came out in the last month so here's Lucy Lennox's "The Nanny Proposal."

["I’ve been in love with Dr. Grant Brighton for four long years.

He’s tall. Gorgeous. Brilliant. An amazing single dad.

He’s also straight, uninterested in dating someone ten years younger than him, and, tragically, *my boss*.

If I’d known taking the nanny position would mean mangling my heart, I might never have accepted his offer, but I love the Brighton family so I’ve resigned myself to never living the fairytale…

At least until the Dean of Admissions at the girls’ dream school says only families with two parents need apply, and in desperation, Grant makes me a different offer: to be his on-paper *husband*.

With things heating up between us and my heart hanging in the balance, how can I convince Grant to make me the proposal I really want: to turn this marriage of convenience into a real-life happily-ever-after?"] 

The mutual pining and the mutual miscommunication was heartbreaking. I nearly cried (and did cry) a lot. Which was odd because this novella was so short, but at the same time, Lucy has planned on my heartstrings and HEA feels for so long now. 

They were absolutely perfect for each other. And completely and utterly fucking bliiiiiind to each other's feelings. It was almost entertaining. Almost (then it got in to the angsty feelings from the mutual stupidness).  

Also, Blue and Tristan made an appearance, and I almost cried (though a little sad that there was absolutely zero mentions of Aunt Tilly). 

#thenannyproposal #lucylennox #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...