Sunday, November 12, 2023

Unexpected Fate (Fair Falls Fated #2)


Trying to catch up on a few books/series. Here's R.S. McKenzie's "Unexpected Fate." It's the second book in her Fair Falls Fated series.

["Benji
My boss is a jerk. My work is impeccable, but no matter what I do, it's never enough. He bites my head off for the smallest infraction, real or imagined. Just being around him makes my body hot with anger—and other feelings I’m not brave enough to name. He’s gotten under my skin, but I can't focus on him when I have other problems. All I’ve ever wanted was a family of my own, but having a disorder that affects my fertility makes it feel like an unattainable dream. Just when I think I’ll never have the life envisioned, fate intervenes and everything changes in one fell swoop.

Rome
My assistant is infuriating. He's a snarky smart ass—and smells better than any omega I've ever met. Something within him calls to the alpha in me, but he keeps me at arm’s length. I'm sure my cold shoulder and attitude haven't helped, but as soon as he comes near me, my brain seems to go offline. One of these days his smart mouth is going to get him into trouble, and I’m going to make sure he gets everything he deserves."]

These two...trying to tell each other (and others--any themselves) that they hate each other. It obviously didn't last long. ;)

When they finally allowed themselves to feel that chemistry, it was fire. That doesn't mean it was easy, though. They still fought fate. When fate said "no more" and took that option from them though? They quickly succumbed to the overwhelming feelings of love and affection (and possession).

Neither of them had a family when this all started, but when it ended, they had a family bigger than either of them thought was possible. 

Trigger warnings: fertility issues, discussion of fertility surgery, off-page past parental abuse, off-page past attempted assault of a minor, and more

#surprisedbyfate #unexpectedfate #fairfallsfated #fairfallsfatedseries #rsmckenzie #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...