Sunday, February 11, 2024

Alice In Wonderland


My 2024 Reading Challenge for the month of February will be Beat The Backlog work (digital and print books). So I figured this was a great time to finnnnaly read Lewis Carroll's "Alice In Wonderland" (which I bought soo many years ago).

[""I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, sir," said Alice, "Because I'm not myself, you see."

When Alice sees a white rabbit take a watch out of its waistcoat pocket she decides to follow it, and a sequence of most unusual events is set in motion. "]

I've never been the biggest fan of the OG Disney Alice In Wonderland movie, and I found the live action ones only marginally better. It's nothing personal, they've just never been my thing. However, since the original "Peter Pan" text is so different from most of the movie adaptations out there, I figured I'd give the original "Alice in Wonderland" text a shot.

The book was so lyrical and fun, really thriving off riddles and homophones, which make Alice seem more ridiculous to the Wonderland natives, but makes Alice more confused (and angry) by Wonderland itself. Alice is entertained, sure, but only to an extent. She's more concerned back getting back to herself, getting back to her cat, and getting back to the pretty garden she saw in the very beginning of her adventures (I mean, same, girl). 

#aliceinwonderland #wordsworthedition #alicesadventuresinwonderland #throughthelookingglass #lewiscarroll #books #childrensbooks #childrensclassics #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...