Thursday, February 8, 2024

His Secret Obsession


My 2024 Reading Challenge for the month of February will be Beat The Backlog work (digital and print books). This also (in my eyes) includes crossing authors off my to-read list (including Milana Spencer). This is "His Secret Obsession."

["Childhood friend.

My flatmate, Lucas, is gorgeous, aloof, and barely tolerates me. We used to be childhood friends but everything changed in high school. Now our relationship is…complicated, to say the least.

High school enemy.

Now that I’m in university, I decide to put myself out there romantically. But when I get into my first relationship, there’s just one Lucas hates my new girlfriend with a fiery passion.

University flatmate.

Whenever I mention her name or invite her to our apartment, he gets more pissed off. Whenever he sees us touch or kiss, he looks murderous. And soon I have to wonder…is Lucas jealous?

Future lover?

When secrets start to unravel and betrayals come to light, I learn there’s more to Lucas than I ever realised. And perhaps the romance I’ve been seeking has been right in front of me this entire time."]

I picked this one because I needed a sweet, trigger-free break from dark romances and horror retellings. Turns out, this one is heavy on the self-doubt and some bullying and my-feelings-are-a-mess-so-let’s-take-shit-out-on-you. Yay.

Seriously though, this book was very, very sweet. Little moments, big moments, pirate moments. It was fluffy, angst, and spicy all in one. 

#hissecretobsession #milanaspencer #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...