Tuesday, February 27, 2024

How To Hide Your Dragon Baby (Closet Baby Chronicles #1)


My 2024 Reading Challenge for the month of February will be Beat The Backlog work (digital and print books). This includes-- You know what? Fuck it. My dog died and then I got the flu. This month has fucking sucked. I'm reading what I want right now, because I might make me happy. Here's Anna Winheart's "How To Hide Your Dragon Baby." It's the first novel in her Closet Baby Chronicles series.

["What's worse than becoming a single dad? When your baby is secretly a dragon shifter.

Dragons don't exist. At least, that was what Elson used to believe, until he's suddenly the legal guardian of a nine-month-old baby. Who breathes fire.

There are precious few resources on how to care for a dragon child. Worse, his rent is way overdue, and a towering hulk of a man is at his door demanding payment.

In his desperation, Elson offers himself as compensation. One night of service for a week's shelter.

But the problem might be too big for him to handle. Yaeger is no human, and he's starting to see through Elson's pretenses that baby Sunnie is just a regular child..."]

I'm not sure what it is about fated mates that's like cliched-crack to me, but it is. I just love it so much! Especially when one (or both) of the people involved are in denial about their feelings? Like gahhh! Yes!!! Add bits of magical realism to your fantasy (or fantasy to your fantasy) plus some mystery and a baby? You have a winner right here. 

#howtohideyourdragonbaby #howtohideyourwolfcub #howtohideyourvampirekid #howtohideyourstolenbaby #closetbabychronicles #closetbabychroinclesseries #annawineheart #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...