Sunday, February 18, 2024

Ranger


My 2024 Reading Challenge for the month of February will be Beat The Backlog work (digital and print books). Which includes a book I borrowed from KindleUnlimited six months ago in attempt to finnnnally cross Nora Phoenix off my author-to-binge list. Here's her and K.M. Neuhold's "Ranger."

["I’ve been living under storm clouds since my honorable discharge, but Julian’s the sun.

I’ve tried everything to deal with my PTSD from yoga to sunning my butthole, but nothing seemed to help.

So when my brother suggests a therapy dog, I figure I don’t have anything to lose. The last thing I expect is for the dog to come with a cheerful, quirky trainer I can’t get out of my head…

I’m too screwed up for love, but a chance to explore a side of myself I didn’t realize existed until recently is too good to pass up.

But the more I get to know Julian, the more I start to think I might not be beyond saving after all..."]

This book was fabulous. Utterly fabulous. 

Being pure sunshine (aka Julian) doesn't cure mental health issues and neither does puppy cuddles (Bennnny!). But both were amazing motivators for Ranger to try again. With their support, he gained back his confidence, his weight, his sleep, his hope. And with it, he fell in love.

Julian, contrary to popular belief wasn't perfect. But he was there for Ranger when Ranger needed him, and in turn, Ranger was there for Julian. 

Their "little friendship arrangement" never stayed little, nor did it stay in the friendship zone. Of which I'm sure neither of them are unsettled about. ;)

Trigger Warnings: PTSD, depression, anxiety, loss of a loved one, wildfires, and more

#ranger #kmneuhold #noraphoenix #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...