Monday, March 18, 2024

Blu, My Protector (Family Ties #1)


R.S. McKenzie's latest series (one of them) is called Family Ties. The first novel in the series is "Blu, My Protector."

["Blu
There’s a beast inside me, urging me to kill.
As a psychiatrist, I expect to encounter psycho- and sociopathic patients. I never have the urge to kill them. Until one patient triggers that need inside me. I expect the kill to be easy, just like the others. What I don’t expect is to want to possess my patient’s boyfriend, June. As soon as I lay eyes on June, I know he’s mine. He’ll find out soon enough.

June
Wanting to be happy shouldn’t cost me my life.
I’m happy with my boyfriend and I’m ready to take our relationship to the next level. Until I find out he’s a serial killer and I’m slated to be his next victim. I’m saved by a handsome older man just in the nick of time…the same handsome man that stared into my soul at my coffee shop. Even though he scares me, I feel a connection to Blu York. One I want to deepen.

Blu and June meet under less than ideal circumstances. Can their love prevail? Or will dating a psychopath be too much for June?"]

Blu is the definition of murder boyfriend--but without the altruism aspect that the Mulvaney's have (yes, I will be comparing any and all future murder boyfriends to the Mulvaney's, thank you (#NecessaryEvils)).

"'You could have given me flowers or chocolate or something. Not a dead body.' // Tilting my head, I quip, "'I thought you'd like that more.'" See? Murder boyfriend. 


Trigger Warnings: off- and on-page murder, stalking on- and off-page (between MCs, but not creepily and not between MCs for a murder ritual), torture, past reference to animal torture and death (off-page), serial killing, mentions of sexual assault (off page and in past) done once to MC (but his offender pays for it), mentions of child molestations (the offender pays for it), mentions of rape (but the offender pays for it), and more.

#blumyprotector #leomypartner #familyties #familytiesseries #rsmckenzie #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blurred Lines (Darby U Hockey Boys #2)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...