Monday, March 4, 2024

The Adventures of Sterling Jones (Murder Sprees and Mute Decrees #sidequest)


Here is Jennifer Cody's "The Adventures of Sterling Jones." It's a novella (a side quest) in her Murder Sprees and Mute Decrees series.

["My life has been full of danger and fun since the day I realized what widening my big, blue eyes a bit could do for a boy like me. Guys the world over have fallen into that look-at-me-I’m-so-innocent trap, and I’ve never regretted it, even when I was staring down the muzzle of some poor straight boy’s weapon after confusing him with the best bj of his life (they don’t usually try to murder me, and he didn’t succeed, so obviously I’ve never learned my lesson). I love a good adventure, and now I’m looking at the greatest one I’ve ever seen.

Jethro Jones knows exactly what hits him the moment I sidle into his personal space, and it’s not because I only have one arm and an off-putting manic grin (I’m very cute, even with the psycho smile). It’s definitely the boner I’m rocking. The ride I offer him after his motorcycle’s been stolen? Well, that’s just the beginning, isn’t it? Besides, I’m adorable, fun, and only inclined to kidnap people I like."]

"Jethro works for good; he isn't good." Which sums up the entire book. And Sterling's type. And, obviously, Jethro. They're the definition of chaotic evil, both of them, all of the time--and even worse when they're feeling plot-y.

"'And I only only inclined to kidnap people I like.'" Let's state for the record here, that Sterling kidnaps 2 people in this book, one of which is Jethro, but talks about kidnapping another. BUT he kidnaps people like Romily adopts people, because they look lonely. And its  pretty mutual. 

I forgot how much I adore this series. :D

#thetroublewithtryingtodateamurderer #foxrecruitsamuteboyandfallsinlove #thetroublewithtryingtosaveanassassin #thetroublewithtryingtoloveahellion #theadvetnturesofsterlingjones #sidequest #jennifercody #murderspreesandmutedecrees #murderspreesandmutedecreesseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blurred Lines (Darby U Hockey Boys #2)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...