Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Dates & Mistakes (Love Letters #1)


Milana Spencer has a new series (Love Letters)! The first book is titled "Dates & Mistakes."

["What happens when you accidentally go on a blind date with the wrong guy -- worse, a straight guy?

EDWIN
After spending my first year of university sleeping around, I want a real boyfriend. After showing up to a blind date, I meet Leo, who's friendly and sweet, and we spend the day wandering around the city, getting to know each other. It's a perfect first date...

Until I realise Leo isn't my blind date -- he's a random man off the street. I want to die from embarrassment, but Leo laughs it off and insist that we stay friends.

I have to admit, I like being Leo’s friend. He’s funny, kind, gorgeous…and straight. I’m still dedicated to my mission of finding a boyfriend, but with every moment I spend with him, I can’t help but think he’s perfect for me. And sometimes, with his casual touches and lingering looks, I wonder…maybe he wants me too?"]

This book was seriously adorable! I'm obsessed with the idea of the Love Letters, I'm obsessed with Edwin's dream of having all the dogs, I'm obsessed with Leo's outgoing but shy personality, I'm obsessed with their friendship.

I love all of the side characters, too. helping Edwin and Leo through their journeys. I wonder who's novel will be next.

Milana is really finding her own in her writing. This book was much less awkward than some of the previous books of hers I read (awkward in the miscommunication tropes and character arcs). Love that for her. ;)

And that bonus epilogue?! Talk about freaking cute! So much fluff and just the right about of spice.

#datesandmistakes #loveletters #lovelettersseries #milanaspencer #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Romeo vs Romeo (The Boys of Hudson Burrow #2)

I canNOT get enough of fairytales and retellings and princes. Here's Hayden Hall's latest: "Romeo vs Romeo." Its the secon...