Tuesday, July 16, 2024

His Captor (Omegas After Dark #2)


Ahhhhh! I needed this a few weeks ago, but now is better than never. Here's MM Farmer's "His Captor." Its the second novel in her Omegas After Dark series. It debuts on July 26, 2024.

["Indulging in a Dark Fantasy can lead to deep consequences in reality…
Hayden
It wasn’t my first time indulging in that particular fantasy. I was on a business trip and looking for something fun. I didn’t plan on going into heat while playing around, or to like the alpha I played with so much.
I also didn’t expect to end up pregnant.
And what I really didn’t expect was for that anonymous alpha I played with to end up being my boss at my new job…

Mace
Playing with a cute omega from out of town was supposed to be a test of the new security tech I’d been developing. It wasn’t supposed to end with me cutting ties with my old, crooked business partner and starting a whole new company in Barrington. It also wasn’t supposed to leave me wishing I’d gotten the real name and phone number of my omega playmate.
They say be careful what you wish for. Now, not only is Hayden back in my life with all his charm and feisty spirit, he’s carrying my baby. And I’m his boss.
And because of me, the cute omega I’m falling hard and fast for is in danger from my ex-business partner, who is out for revenge…"]

This one wasn't quite as dark and scary as the first book, and MM is blaming Hayden (which, I mean, after the first book alone, I get it--he's a handful).

I love how fast they fell in love. It was all lust, lust, lust (and crazy ass kinks with scary as tech), but then the love and bond came out of almost nowhere and bunch them in the gut. Then the universe happened (life, apparently, happens), and they were separated (I almost cried. It wasn't all that emotional, but the bond didn't like it, and I almost cried). 

Reunited, with Hayden pregnant as fuck, they eventually figured it out...with real threats of danger lurking around them.

Okay, but seriously?! Either MM needs to stop teasing the next book in this series, or I need to stop reading it? I KNEW Simon's story would be next (it was obvious), but the how and with who!??!?! Sign. Me. Up. NOW.

Trigger Warnings: threats, violence, kidnapping (and not the fun kind Hayden enjoys), gun use and more.

#gayromancereviews #arcs #arcteammember
#hishunter #hiscaptor #mmfarmer #omegasafterdark #omegasafterdarkseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Forbidden Puckboy (Puckboys #7)

I had caught up with all of my ARCs, requested a toooon more, and proceeded to avoid them. Oops. Here's Saxon James and Eden Finley &quo...