Friday, July 26, 2024

Runaway Prince (Wedding Disasters #2)


Suddenly, its the end of July slash beginning of August, and I have so many currently-borrowed-ARCs due. Here's to me speed-reading (which, frankly, I'm great at). "Runaway Prince" by D.K. Sutton. Its the second book in her Wedding Disaster's series.

["The royal wedding took years to prepare but only one moment of panic and a cute single dad to undo.

As a European prince, I should want for nothing, right? I have money, power, prestige. But what about love and passion? Acceptance?

Running to America on the eve of my wedding isn’t the responsible thing to do. Just ask my mother, the Queen. She has quite a few thoughts on the subject.

While hiding from my protection detail in a Burger King, I meet Isaac and his son. This protective father interrupts me, calls me a menace, and doesn’t believe I’m a prince. I’m instantly smitten. All of this is new to me. I’ve never been attracted to a guy…or anyone, for that matter.

But Isaac has his own responsibilities and our chance meeting complicates his life in ways I couldn’t have imagined. As we work together to mitigate the damage, I fall even harder for this amazing man.

How can this work when we live in different countries? Will Isaac lose the person he cares about most? Will my country accept a gay future king?

I don’t know what happens next, but I know I can’t face it without Isaac by my side."]

This book was a SMIDGE dramatic, but Adrain (our Prince Charming) is dramatic as fuck...as is Simon (though, he's five, so he gets a pass)...and Isaac (though, he'd deny it). But it was glorious as all hell. I loooooved it. All of the fluff and the hesitancy and the support and the spice and the judgment and the drama (there really was a lot of drama). 

But Adrain was perfect for Isaac (and Simon). He made Isaac relax and have fun and let go. Isaac made Adrain care, gave him purpose, gave him a family. And then there was our perfect and sweet (and soooo sassy) Simon (and Stella the timer). God, I wanted to cuddle the crap out of him. Not to mention Reggie (god, he needs a HEA).

Speaking of HEAs, there are literally so many different directions this series can go from here (and by so many, I mean three or four, but THREE OR FOUR--I want them all now (please)).

Trigger Warnings: side character with substance abuse issues, grief due to the loss of an adult sibling (not mcs), and more.

#gayromancereviews #grr #arcs #arcteammember
#mybestfriendsweddingplanner #runawayprince #mybiggaysecretwedding #weddingdiasters #weddingdiastersseries #dksutton #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bromantic Puckboy (Puckboys #6)

Getting lucky and receiving an ARC of "Forbidden Puckboy" means I need to hurry up and caught up with the other two books in the P...