Monday, March 15, 2021

Hat Trick (Fake Boyfriend Series #5)


Another Eden Finley Series, another posting dump... Fake Boyfriends Series Book #5: "Hat Trick"

All other books in this series can be read as a stand-alone novel, except for this book and the next one, as all previous characters/relationships make more than just a cameo-appearance. 

["Soren:

You know what’s not fun? Going on a Fiji vacation with four other couples. Especially when recently single.
What’s even worse is when a past hook-up arrives unannounced.
Not only do we have a history, but he’s ten years younger and a famous rock star. Most importantly, he’s my friend’s little brother.
Being trapped on an island with Jet Jackson is going to be sweet torture because all I want is another chance.
I just don’t think he’s going to give it to me.

Jet:

You know what’s not fun? Escaping one guy who broke my heart only to run into another.
Being on the road for three years has left me exhausted. The last thing I want is for Caleb ‘Soren’ Sorensen to try for round two.
I can’t fight my draw to him. I’ve never been able to.
I’m suddenly back to being the naïve kid who stupidly lusted after a hockey player.
All I can think is if I let Soren get close, I’ll walk away from this vacation with a double broken heart."]

GOD I have sooooo many feelings about this book. I fell in love with Jet in Book #2 ("Trick Play") and had similar feelings for Soren in Book #3 ("Deke"). 
Eden hinted at their extreme chemistry at the end of the third book, but didn't tell us that they ended up hooking up that night (not a super huge spoiler) and fell in love (even though they didn't know it was love at the time).
Then their egos and insecurities and careers got in the way. Three years later and at a gay brigade vaca in Fiji, they finally (start to) except the inevitable: they're endgame, they're each other's hat trick.
Except shit gets in the way (like it does) and it's far from easy going. From telling Matt. To seeing Harley again. Ending with juggling each other's full-time, always-on-the-road celebrity jobs.

But, if like me, you read "Pop Star" (from Eden's Famous series) first, then you know how it ends for Jet and Soren (and for Harley). ;) So go, read away my friends, read away.

#fakeout #trickplay #rebound #deke #itscomplicated #blindside #winningyou #hattrick #finalplay #fakeboyfriend #fakeboyfriendseries #edenfinley #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Text Me If You Love Me

I had caught up with all of my ARCs, requested a toooon more, and proceeded to avoid them. Oops. Here's Rhys Everly's "Text Me ...