Monday, March 8, 2021

Unwritten Law (Steele Brothers Book #1)

Eden Finley's Steele Brothers Books (starting with "Unwritten Law") reminds me of Abbi Gline's very first book series (which I can't remember the title of but it has that whole Brothers Books romance thing). Except, Law and Anders Steele are queer (and have their equal amount of issues).

["Being an identical twin doesn’t come without issues.

No one can tell us apart, not even our parents sometimes. We don’t usually use that to our advantage, but it comes in handy when my brother needs help breaking up with his boyfriends—which happens more than I’d care to admit. I know it’s enabling him, but I can’t say no to Anders. I will do anything for my twin. The breakups always go the same; they’re swift and simple.

Until Reed.

He’s everything I've fantasized about but never allowed myself to have. When I give in to temptation and begin to freak out, it’s not because he’s a guy. It’s because he thinks I’m my brother, and I can’t bring myself to tell him the truth."]

I might have squealed a whole bunch while reading this book. The fluff and the secrets and the love and GOD it was so GOOD! 
Sure, sure, there was the whole mistaken identity thing and the seeing/falling for both of the twins thing and it got a little emotionally confusing (until Reed eventually learned the truth--which isn't a spoiler, its common sense that he'd eventually figure it out).
And the absolute dedication that Law has for his brother, Anders, god! That's some serious twin/sibling shit right there (in the absolute best way).

"Unwritten Law" (Steele Brothers Book #1) is more of a novella (aka a quick as fuck read), but it was still powerful and beautiful (and dealt with a whole lot of difficult topics).

Take note of the trigger warnings mentioned in the beginning of the novel (physical/domestic abuse, PTSD--and the whole mistaken identity trope thing when it comes to consent).

#unwrittenlaw #unspokenvow #steelebrothers #edenfinley #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet

I had caught up with all of my ARCs, requested a toooon more, and proceeded to avoid them. Oops. Here's Howl Avery's "Sweet.&qu...