Sunday, April 11, 2021

Flakes (Licking Thicket Novel #.5)


And I've finally gotten to Lucy Lennox's last series (this one co-written by May Archer): Licking Thicket. The prequel to the series is titled "Flakes"

["Colin’s Do’s and Don’ts for a Happy New Year:

1. Do not develop a crush on your archnemesis, contractor Ryder Richards.

2. Do finish remodeling the heinous mega-mansion with him well before the first snowflakes fall on New Year’s Eve.


3. Do not notice that he's still the hottest man in Licking Thicket.


4. Do not let that gorgeous man provoke you.


5. Do not let his provocation distract you.


6. Do not let your distraction leave you stranded at the house with him during a blizzard.


7. Dear heavens, do not let him crack open the moonshine and light a fire.


8. Do not play drunken truth or dare with him.


9. And for gravy’s sake, do not let yourself fall in love.

10. But if you do… Don't be surprised if this is the happiest year ever.
"]

And accidentally skipping the prequel didn't ruin anything. I mean, if I was paying more attention, it might have (I might have). But when reading Book1, all I was thinking about was Brooks and Mal. I barely even noticed Colin and Ryder (opps). 
Good thing this novella was a quick easy read. It was only 69 pages. Now, I'm not going to make any jokes or innuendoes about that specific number...I'm just going to put it out there.

SO fucking short and sweet and simple and just...*heart eyes*. 

They're just so honest with each other. I mean, after the fighting thing (it's foreplay, y'all; everyone knows that). It starts off tense, but quickly gets all cotton candy sweet (cavity inducing fluffy).

And the epilogue hinted majorly at Book 3, which makes me really want to skip Book 2, but that's not how this works, Abigail! 

#flakes #fakers #lairs #fools #lickingthicket #lickingthicketnovel #mayarcher #lucylennox #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goodbye, September!

September seemed long as hell, as if August was months ago; though, its been almost-October for weeks as well. I'm not sure what that sa...