Thursday, April 8, 2021

Two Men and A Baby (Love & Luck #5)


I was accidentally sidetracked by this series (Love & Luck) by Isla Olsen. The fifth book is titled "Two Men and A Baby"

["Josh


Here’s some advice for surviving your ex’s wedding weekend:

1. Just smile and nod whenever someone lays on the sympathy
2. Stay away from tequila
3. Don’t make out with any of your ex’s brothers

Whoops

Connor Kelly sure has changed over the past eight years. He’s no longer the scrawny emo kid I remember from before he moved away; and, oh yeah, apparently he’s into guys now...

But it doesn’t matter how hot Connor is, or how funny, or how charming - he’s my ex’s brother and that means he’s off limits.

It doesn’t seem like anyone’s ever explained that rule to Connor, though...

When he calls one day begging for my help, I’m expecting it to be yet another ploy in his effort to get me to go out with him. Cue my surprise when I find a shell-shocked Connor with a baby he claims is his son.

As if it weren’t already hard enough resisting Connor, watching the way he connects and bonds with his son is going to make it damn near impossible..."]

I mean, I gotta agree with Josh here, a tattooed man with a baby is fucking hot. So I get the attraction. 


But I didn’t fully get why they couldn’t be together at first. The 'But I Dated Your Brother' reason seemed like an excuse to me. It was a pretty interesting plot point, so looking at it from a creative standpoint, I’ll go with it. 


As in Book FOur, I loved the child rearing references and diaper changing mishaps; that kind shot happens all the time in the child care providing world y’all. Fun times. 


Not my favorite in the series but I gotta say, now I feel the need to read #TheBabySittersClub series. 

#fakeittilyoumakeit #virtuallyscrewed #crazylittlefling #hopelessbromantics #twomenandababy #cantgetyououtofmybed #islaolsen #loveandluck #loveandluckseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet

I had caught up with all of my ARCs, requested a toooon more, and proceeded to avoid them. Oops. Here's Howl Avery's "Sweet.&qu...