Tuesday, August 11, 2026

His To Ruin (Years Between Us #2)


Here's Evan Barnes's "His To Ruin." It's the second novella in the Years Between Us series, which are all novellas surrounding age-gaps.

["He said I was too innocent. He was wrong.

He’s connected to my family and I’m supposed to be off-limits for him. But he’s watching me like a predator.

Rylan says I’m too naive for a place like Verdict, a decadent club where the only rule is that there are no rules. He thinks he needs to protect me. But his protection feels more like a possession.

When he drags me into a dark, private room to teach me a lesson, I expect a lecture.

Instead, his touch becomes a different kind of education. He shatters my world, awakening a raw, desperate need I never knew I had… a need only for him.

I walked into this club thinking I was straight.

Now, I’m on my knees, and he’s just getting started. He’s not just breaking the rules"]

There's something that's just extra (delicious, exciting, dangerous) about a brothers-best-friend trope. It's cliched, but it's never enough (I will literally never get enough of this trope--top five favorites). And this one was just as exhilarating and forbidden as you'd expecct.

Especially considering the setting. And how naive Theo really was (I mean, baby, it's clearly a sex club--at least on many of the floors). But he had Rylan there to take care of him...and take care of him. ;)

Oddly enough, with this brothers-best-friend book, I wasn't feeling as though I was missing something eevn though we didn't see the brother/best-friend confrontation. Maybe because this novella was more of a short story?

Trigger Warnings: dub-con, bullying-ish, and more.

#tamedbyhisbestfriendsdad #historuin #evanbarnes #yearsbetweenus #yearsbetweenusseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

His To Ruin (Years Between Us #2)

Here's Evan Barnes's "His To Ruin." It's the second novella in the Years Between Us series, which are all novellas sur...