Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Tamed By His Best Friend's Dad (Years Between Us #1)


Here's Evan Barnes's "Tamed By His Best Friend's Dad." It's the first novella in the Years Between Us series, which are all novellas surrounding age-gaps.

["I was straight. Until I met my best friend’s father.

My summer was supposed to be about beer, soccer, and girls at my best friend’s ridiculously luxurious mansion.

Then his father showed up.

Gavin Horton was a predator with dark eyes that promised things I’d never dared to imagine.

My first mistake was opening my mouth. A stupid, crude joke at a barbecue was all it took to get his attention.

My second mistake was thinking my best friend’s father didn’t hear me. He saw my cocky, straight-guy bravado as a personal invitation.

From that moment on, he made it his personal mission to teach me a lesson in humility. He was determined to take my words and make me eat them, proving my witty mouth was good for more than just talking back. He didn’t seduce me with sweet words. He cornered me. He challenged me.

Under his intense pressure, I found myself breaking.

I was falling for my best friend’s father, and he wasn’t just seducing me… he was claiming me."]

This one was completely different. Age-gap certainly helped. As did the narrator being more of a jock-y, frat-ish bro, trying to fit in and impress his friends. 

I wasn't as impressed by that character as much to be perfectly honest. It could be the internalized homophobia (not a fan of that trope typically). Could be the brat vibes he was giving off. Sure he wanted attention and didn't know how to get it, sure he was struggling with his own identity, but it just didn't feel as..something as the other narrators. 

Still a fun story though. The back and forth dynamic, the pull of their chemistry, their (probably not so secret) clandestine meetings. 

Trigger Warnings: internalized homophobia, and more.

#tamedbyhisbestfriendsdad #historuin #evanbarnes #yearsbetweenus #yearsbetweenusseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turned By The Bully (Only One Room #3)

Here's Evan Barnes's "Turned By The Bully." It's the third novella in the Only One Room series, which are all novellas...