Here's Callie Colby's "Love You To Death." It's the tenth book in her Hotter Than Hell series. I'm reading them out of order; they're not connected anyway.
["I choked on a pretzel and died for two minutes. Now I have a demon stalker who treats me like a toddler with a death wish.
Technically, I’m supposed to be in the afterlife. But thanks to a zealous paramedic and a very sturdy ribcage, I was ripped back to the land of the living right after my soul was stamped for export.
Rax, the demon assigned to escort me to Hell, is not happy about the paperwork error.
Since he can’t return empty-handed without getting demoted to "latrine duty," he’s decided to stick to me like glue until I kick the bucket again. He’s moved into my apartment, where he spends his time aggressively baby-proofing my furniture, hissing at jaywalkers, and slapping fast food out of my hand because "cholesterol is a slow killer."
It’s annoying. It’s suffocating. It’s also… confusingly hot.
Because when Rax isn’t wrapping me in bubble wrap, he’s looking at me with hungry, ancient eyes. He’s obsessed with my heartbeat, constantly checking my pulse with hands that linger a little too long and wander a little too low.
He’s waiting for me to die. But with the way he’s touching me, I’m starting to think he’s finding plenty of reasons to keep me alive."]
When you need something a little out there, a little silly, but with soooo much heart, this series is a pretty damn place to start.
This one had some angst, but like most of the series, it was outside of their relationship (stress about the relationship sure, but not between the main couple). I love how they all seem fated, on certain levels, each new couple is ground breaking.
And these two were adorable. Oliver with his lack luster life and apparent inability to keep himself safe. Rax with his important work record and utter fascination (turned need) to keep Oliver safe and alive (and happy).
#summoningmrwrong #summoningmrwrongormrright #hisinfernalpurr #exorciseme #devilwearsnada #blueballingthedemon #mydemonmyhandyman #swipeupforsin #turnmeon #passthegravy #loveyoutodeath #calliecolby #hotterthanhell #hotterthanhellseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks
No comments:
Post a Comment