Sunday, January 13, 2019

Nikita Gill


I first discovered Nikita Gill's poetry at Target through her collection "Fierce Fairytales". After reading a few of the poems, I quickly logged into Amazon and bought "Wild Embers" as well as "Your Soul is a River".

Gill's poetry is laced with confidence and most importantly inclusive feminism. She explores so many conflicts in today's society while outwardly portraying (and asking her readers to portray) courage, determination, and change. 

I don't read a lot of poetry, mostly because I feel compelled to then fully interpret everything that the author is trying to say in and between the lines. However, Nikita Gill's collections aren't like that. If anything, they make me want to write my own poetry collection.


#fiercefairytales #wildembers #yoursoulisariver

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Hide Your Stolen Baby (Closet Baby Chronicles #4)

Here's Anna Winheart's "How To Hide Your Stolen Baby." It's the fourth novel in her Closet Baby Chronicles series. Bec...