Monday, January 14, 2019

The Prince and The Dressmaker


Prince Sebastian likes to wear dresses, but who would want to marry a prince with a secret like that? Frances likes to design dresses, but who would hire a young, female designer? These two unlikely friends are just that, (best) friends. While Prince Sebastian, as Lady Cyrstallia, takes on the fashion captain of the world as aa celebrated fashion icon, Frances begins to feel her dreams come true. But what happens when Sebastian's parents try to marry him off? And what happened when Lady Cyrstallia's secrets keep Frances from reaching the top?

Jen Wang's "The Prince and The Dressmaker" was amazing, simple as that. I've seen it on must read lists from fellow Bookstagramers, to Bustle, to Buzzfeed. Therefore, it was on my to buy list for the longest time, but somehow, it never made it to my shopping cart.

Until the other day.

When I opened my box, I was surprised by the heft of this book, since it's mainly targeted towards children. When I opened my book, I was even more surprised to see that "The Prince and The Dressmaker" was a graphic novel. I read this book in thirty minutes, less if I hadn't been staring at Wang's beautiful illustrations.

The amount of inclusivity in this book was...shocking. Many of Wang's characters (you'll have to read it to find out which ones) almost normalized the idea of a boy, a prince at that, who likes to wear dresses. I fully recommend this book for children and adults alike, if not for the storyline or the message, but for the pictures.

#theprinceandthedressmaker #jenwang #bookstagram #books #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Hide Your Stolen Baby (Closet Baby Chronicles #4)

Here's Anna Winheart's "How To Hide Your Stolen Baby." It's the fourth novel in her Closet Baby Chronicles series. Bec...