Thursday, September 26, 2019

Wayward Son 2/?

SPOILER ALERT


This is my immediate reaction to reading Wayward Son. Hopefully after some sleep and rereading and thinking things over and seeing fan reactions/posts/pictures/etc I’ll feel better/different about...everything. At that point, hopefully tomorrow, I’ll share a longer, fuller, brighter post about the glories of Wayward Son. 

Know that the following is mostly driven from doing not much more than reading for the past half dozen hours.

I cried during prologue. And the first chapter. And the second. 
I don’t know if it was my excitement for rainbow finally brining me back into this world or having my babies back or my babies not communicating or how I knew I hated that elitist club thing from the beginning or the overall ominous tone of sheer dread and defeat and heartbreak. 

Hated it after I finished. Hated how they never said they loved each other. Hated how they only have a few soft bf moments. Hated how they hated each other so often. Hated how everyone seemed to be backstabbers. How so much seemed unsolved. How Simon didn’t get his magic back, I really held out hope that he would. How Agatha’s redemption hard wasn’t quite big enough. How the secondary romance plot wasn’t more hinted at. How their parents never found out. How they got away with so much illegal magic usage. How it ended in a fucking cliff hanger. How my boys didn’t resolve their issues. How the entire book pointed out albeit with so much poetic beauty and skilled writing that they were still so different. How I had no doubt the book would end well for them because how much rainbow is dedicated to them. 

I just...feel so much disappointment and I hate myself for feeling this way. I want to cry (we’ll have been for a while now) and throw things. I want to be able to go back and unread this. I want a third book now. Yesterday. 

I want everything to be better. 

#waywardson #carryon #rainbowrowell #books #lgbtbooks #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...