Sunday, February 16, 2020

Reading Slump


 I've been in a bit of a reading slump lately. I want to read new stuff, be inspired by new plots and new authors, get my TBR pile shortened.

But what do I do instead of reading?
Buying new books, rereading old books, not reading at all.

I have a pile of books that need to be read. A pile that won't stop growing. A pile that I said would not get any larger until I read a few of them. A pile which I recently betrayed and bought a bunch more books.


I have another pile of books that need to be finished. I start one and get distracted. I start one and another calls to me. I start one, feel the need to avoid confrontation, and put it down again.


I have a third pile of books that I'm in the middle of rereading. At least these I'm rereading for craft, looking at specific aspects of the book that I'm in need of extra research assistance in my own manuscript. At least that's a justifiable pile.


How does one get out of a reading slump? Especially when the weather just really wants to drag you under its gloom?

#TBRpiles #rereadingbooks #readingslump #readingproblems #booknerd #problemsofabooknerd #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...