Monday, March 30, 2020

Writing/Editing Update

I've been actually writing lately.
Well, editing.
Well, mostly. I do a few paragraphs and convince myself that I very much deserve a break. So I take a break, and a few hours later, the cycle repeats itself.

I'm doing stuff, I'm being production. It's just really slow going.


Today, I finally compiled all of my notes again. Stuff from a file on my computer. Stuff from my camera roll on my phone. Stuff from a text thread (to and from myself) on my phone. Stuff from my notebook (that I got from middle school intro to French and somehow still have). It's all together, typed up all pretty in my computer, printed out, and color-coded with varying highlighters.

I meant to write 5-10 pages today, but like, just the organizing took me 2-4 hours. And it made me feel really accomplished. I also updated my editing checklist (for when I finish this run-through of edits for the next run-through).

All of this progress (slow going progress) makes me feel good. But then I look at my To Do list, which grew from other ideas I had (for editing) while doing all of that. So, accomplished but not.

Trying to get stuff done while in Social Distancing, but also trying not to feel guilty if I don't.


#socialdistancing #coronavirus #nomotivation #french #peterpan #editingproblems #reading #writing #writerproblems #avoidingwriting #books #bookstagam #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...