Monday, June 22, 2020

The Gravity of Us

I think the random GoodReads posts I stumbled upon sums up this book the best: "space and the gays, who could possibly want anything more?"

But seriously? Who could want anything more than space and boys-who-love-boys?
Diversity? Standing up for yourself? Standing up for what you love? And who you love? Being independent? STEM? Women in STEM? Realistic descriptions of depression?

Okay, so that last one is a bit of a downer, but all of the above (rhetorical) questions are applicable to "The Gravity of Us" by Phil Stamper.

["As a successful social media journalist with half a million followers, seventeen-year-old Cal is used to sharing his life online. But when his pilot father is selected for a highly publicized NASA mission to Mars, Cal and his family relocate from Brooklyn to Houston and are thrust into a media circus.

Amidst the chaos, Cal meets sensitive and mysterious Leon, another “Astrokid,” and finds himself falling head over heels—fast. As the frenzy around the mission grows, so does their connection. But when secrets about the program are uncovered, Cal must find a way to reveal the truth without hurting the people who have become most important to him."]
This book will most definitely bring out that weird era in your life where you were obsessed with space (because, be honest, we all went through that phase).
Makes me want to put on one of my multiple NASA shirts (and matching pj pants).

Also, I felt too lazy (stupid summer humidity) to pull out my numerous star twinkle lights. So instead, enjoy my glow-in-the-dark stars.

I'm burning through my TBR pile(S). But I still have soooo, sooo many left.
And struggling to piece together these series of scenes/characters I have flying through my brain lately.

#thegravityofus #philstamper #books #LGBTbooks #space #thegays #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...