Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Virginia Wolf


This book was...fabulous. Magnificent. Beautiful. Deep. Not what I thought I was buying to be honest.

I saw this book on my Instagram feed a few weeks ago. I thought it was an illustrated version of a few of Virginia Woolf's pieces.

Of course, I forgot that her name has two O's, and this book's title only has one.

And of course, I didn't read the description before I bought it (why would I?).

And of course, I loved it. It was amazing. Colorful. Meaningful.

A children's book about depression? Wow. I mean, children suffer from depression as well. So like duh, we need books for them too, books that represent them and their mental/emotional struggles.

If I ever get around to getting my PhD, I know it would be able mental health representation in children's literature (and YA lit). And this book would be very, very near the top of the list.

Wow. Just wow.

Go read it. I mean, the message is breath-taking. Let alone the illustrations. Go. Read it.


#virginiawolf #virginiawoolf #kyomaclear #isabellearsenault #childrensbook #mentalhealth #representation #bloomsberry #turquoisebirds #purplebutterflies #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Left on Read (Crimson Club #4)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Left on Read." It&...