Sunday, November 1, 2020

NaNoWriMo 2020

I've never done NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). I always felt intimidated (and now that Nov 1st is here, I'm feeling extremely intimidated).

The goal of NaNoWriMo? Write an entire novel. Get them words (50,000 to be specific). 

Some people just pour out the words and edit later. Some people spend most of September and October planning, outlining, sketching out everything. 

Then there's me...who decided to do NaNoWriMo yesterday. Who would love to get 50,000 words. Who didn't plan, didn't outline, didn't sketch anything out.

I'm going into this with low expectations. Write. Get some words out. Try to get into a rhythm of writing again (something I've been putting off for months and months now).

I'm not going to write a brand new novel right now. That seems crazy (only because I didn't plan/outline/sketch out). I'm going to try to work on Hooked, my Captain Hook retelling story (and if all else fails, I'm going to work on Category Five--the linked-manuscript/companion novel to my manuscript Two Moves Ahead).

So like...yeah... Any tips? Any words of inspiration? Any fun new cocktails to try?

#nanowrimo #nanowrimo2020 #writing #writerproblems #writer #gettingthemwords #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...