Wednesday, November 25, 2020

This Lie Will Kill You

My coworker suggested this book to me in a semi-frantic text one afternoon after struggling to get through the first few chapters, she spent over an hour in her car (#audiobookaddict). Of course, I purchased it (for my kindle--didn't feel like waiting for it) within the hour.


This book was like Clue meets Riverdale (according to the back-of-the-book blurb at least--I've seen Clue about a thousand times (good description for that one at least) but I never watched Riverdale).

["One year ago, there was a party.
At the party, someone died.
Five teens each played a part and up until now, no one has told the truth.

But tonight, the five survivors arrive at an isolated mansion in the hills, expecting to compete in a contest with a $50,000 grand prize. Of course…some things are too good to be true.

Now, they realize they’ve been lured together by a person bent on revenge, a person who will stop at nothing to uncover what actually happened on that deadly night, one year ago.

Five arrived, but not all can leave. Will the truth set them free?
Or will their lies destroy them all?"]

I'll agree with her, the beginning was a little slow (just all of the getting-to-know-you exposition chapters).
And the one or two plot twists I saw coming (excellent clues, not necessarily because it was predictable). 
But the major plot twist, I just like...did NOT see coming. Did I like it? I'm still not sure. I appreciate that I would never have seen it coming and would never have excepted it (would never have written it myself), but I still haven't decided if I like it.

EITHER WAY, it's a good read. Something to put in that growing stack of young adult psychological thriller/murder mysteries that I have racking up.
Any suggestions for me (and/or my lovely coworker?)?

#thisliewillkillyou #chelseapitcher #psychologicalthriller #YA #murdermystery #clue #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...