Thursday, December 31, 2020

Goodbye 2020

Good-Fucking-Bye 2020, you horrid dumpster fire.....though, a bunch of really good/fun things did happen this year (I'll try to remember the good/fun things if you do?).


Here I am again checking in with my 2020 resolutions:
     (1) Write [almost] every day
     (2) Don't stop reading
     (3) Complete something (e.g. a manuscript)
     (4) Share love of books/writing
     (5) Be kinder to myself



The Full Year Check Up:

(1) I did pretty darn good with this one...most months. I finished a manuscript. Started a few more/Revisited a few more. 

(2) Much, much better this year. I beat my record from last year. 100 books (6-7 of which were today, mostly rereading graphic novels to get to an even 100).

(3) For once, in the past two years of doing this thing, I actually did it. I finished my manuscript of "Two Moves Ahead" and its out there in the universe waiting for agents to answer my queries. 

(4) Posts This Year (including this one and the next one): 146-155 (I counted twice and got two different number, and you better bet, I'm not counting a third time).

(5) I was at my lowest weight in years and years...then COVID. So we're just trying to be kind to ourselves some more with positive words/vibes/foods. 


I'm going to (try) to do this whole thing (resolutions, reading/writing, blog posts, checking-in, etc) again next year.


What are your big 2021 reads?
Anything I should check out?


As we say at the daycare I work at during circle time:
"Goodbye, 2020!"
"Hello, 2021!"
It sounds silly, but just imagine 6-10 two year olds repeating that after you. It could make almost anyone smile.


#newyearsresolutions #keeplearning #writeeveryday #dontstopreading #completesomething #getprofessional #goodbye2020 #hello2021 #bookstagram #books #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clueless Puckboy (Puckboys #5)

Getting lucky and receiving an ARC of "Forbidden Puckboy" means I need to hurry up and caught up with the other two books in the P...