Sunday, December 27, 2020

Writing Problems/Ideas/Blocks: Cinderella

Drum roll please....

I'm decided to focus all of my creative attention on.... a queer cinderella retelling.

It's a dark academia meets royal victorian version of Cinderella that, as of right now (mainly planning and preparing stage--mainly-ish), crosses somewhere between MerlinXArthur, Merthur, from ("Merlin") and HenryXAlex, First Prince, (from "Red, White, and Royal Blue") plus a bit of soulmate au magic. 

There's a friends to lovers trope, a magical masquerade, several fairy god mothers, and a slight lean away from some of the "traditional" Cinderella aspects (including the whole queer thing).

I have a bunch of scene ideas as well as several scenes already plotted out (in first draft dialogue only) as well as two entire mood-boards on Pinterest. 


If any of that interests you and you want to talk with me/let me bounce ideas off of you, please let me know.

If anything that I typed above inspired any image or idea, and you think I need to hear it, please let me know.
If you have any Cinderella adaptations (movies or books) that you think I need to watch/read, please let me know (there are like ZERO queer retellings out there, people, zero).

I think that's all...for now. You'll hopefully hear from me more on this project soon (as long as my brain doesn't murder me in my sleep) (because, even though I did "finish something" this year, that goal will be another new year's resolution of mine for 2021).

#cinderella #gaycinderella #cinderellaretellings #soulmates #soulmatesau #writer #writingproblems #merthur #firstprince #merlin #kingarthur #redwhiteandroyalblue #newyearsresolutions #books #bookphotography #bookstagram #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...