Saturday, February 13, 2021

Roommate

Apparently, I'm in a really specific reading niche right now (which, I mean, happens to me all the fucking time so... not all that upset about it). 

Another "its no fluffy I'm going to die" book that's also hella steamy (and it will make you crave bread and maple syrup and you're own perfectly imperfect romance). 

"Roommate" by Sarina Bowen.

["Wanted: One roommate to share a 3-bedroom house, split the rent, and ideally not be the guy I can’t stop thinking about.

I’m a man with too many secrets, so the last thing I need is a new roommate with a sexy smile and blue eyes that see right through me. Eight years ago, Roderick left town after high school. We’re not friends. I owe him nothing. But back then, I let one of my secrets slip, and he’s the only one who noticed.
Part of me knows I should run far, far away. But the other part wants him to come upstairs and spend the night. But if I let him in, I could lose everything.

Seeking: A room to rent in town. I’m tidy, have no pets, and I will feed you homemade bread.
I should probably add: Gay AF, and has no filter. It’s no wonder my new landlord is so wary of me.
A smarter man would ignore those hot glances from Kieran Shipley. The broody lumberjack wants more from me than another homemade pretzel, but if I push my luck, I’ll end up back on the street.
Too bad I’ve never been smart with my heart ..."]

Trigger Warnings: homophobia, internalized homophobia, toxic relationships, minor manipulation, homelessness, homophobic slurs, small-town mentalities, small sad dog scene, etc

Minor Rant: I dislike the cover a bit. I mean, for me, I'd rather have something artsy and nondescript. Or, something like Rachel Reid's books, a total reconstruction of the Male Gaze (TM). I mean, if for decades and decades and decades, if the media/movies can create and compound upon the Male Gaze when it comes to the female body, why can't we have the same thing for the male body (which, okay, is an issue it of itself as well, but you get by point).

Now I'm off to find/read more M/M fluffy and steamy romance books (possibly with some forbidden romance or something). Wish me luck!

#roommate #sarinabowen #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...