Thursday, April 29, 2021

Fair Trade (Bold Brew Book 7)


I haven't yet read a series quite like this one. All centered in the same fictional-universe, all interconnected manuscripts, all editions by different authors. The Bold Brew series is a ten book installment by ten different fabulous people. The seventh book is titled: "Fair Trade" (by #cateashwood)

["After working with the same partner for almost fifteen years, she ditched me for a cushy teaching job. And I thought things couldn’t get worse.

I was wrong.

Because walking into the ambulance station to see my new rookie is none other than the guy I’d picked up in a seedy bar would’ve been bad enough.

Except we hadn’t just hooked up.

Nope.

What we’d done went so far beyond an anonymous one-nighter.

And now I'm not sure what to do with myself, because being with Nick isn’t just against station rules.

It’s against mine.

But I can’t seem to stop, and what’s even more concerning…

I can’t make myself care.”]

I would just like to say that I totally saw the plot twist coming. I mean, if these two adorable idiots had taken their heads out of their asses and focused less on them (though, they were in love and fighting it--and the crazy-out-of-their-minds-with-lust thing), they would have possibly seen it too.

But these two. Wow. Their instant connection was just so strong and amazing. And then the wet blanket of the evening (the double one-night-stand) was the new work situation was just like so simple but so complicated (I can't word today, forgive me) and frankly, pretty damn funny.

Also, a heads up (if you didn't catch it in the blurb), this series is very kink-friendly/forward (in a very, very healthy and communicative way). The Bold Brew coffee shop (the centering aspect of the series) is a LGBT and kink-friendly hub of the community. Just FYI, if you're not into that kind of thing.

#cupofjoe #puppuccino #perfectmatcha #vanillasteamer #orderup #silkysmooth #fairtrade #extrawhip #cinnamonroll #doubleshot #boldbrew #boldbrewseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...