Saturday, May 22, 2021

The Tailor (Grishaverse Book 1.5)


Annnnnd, I've decided to re-read Leigh Bardugo's Grishaverse series instead of starting one of my many, many (many) TBR piles. So here we are. Reading, for the first time actually, a short story about Genya, "The Tailor". 

["New scene from Shadow and Bone told from Genya's point of view."]

I never read this edition in the original Grishaverse trilogy. Once again, Goodreads come in for the win, informing me of books that I would have otherwise (accidentally) ignored.

I always loved Genya, but I forgot that we actually hate her for a bit (spoiler and spoiler) because of what she has to do to get her freedom (spoiler). This little short story helped to give her perspective on things during her betrayal of Alina (aka Genya choosing herself--well, choosing herself in the only way she thinks she can because The Darkling told her so) (spoiler, by the way).

Short, quick, worth-it read (I found it at the end of my "Siege and Storm" copy as Bonus Material).

#thedemoninthewood #shadowandbone #thetailor #seigeandstorm #ruinandrising #grishaverse #grishaverseseries #sixofcrows #crookedkingdom #kingofscars #ruleofwolves #leighbardugo #netflix #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suddenly A Murder

I thiiiiiiink I stumbled across Lauren Muńoz's "Suddenly A Murder" at target (not a targeted add this time--just lack of contr...