Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Operation: Meet Cute (Operation HEA #1)

A little bit longer than a novella, a little bit shorter than a novel, you have what I did this evening: K.M. Neuhold's "Operation: Meet Cute"

["Harlow is on a single-minded mission: meet the man of his dreams by any meet-cute necessary.

All my life, I’ve dreamed of one thing: the perfect movie moment. I want a man and his boombox outside my window; I want kissing in the rain; I want a romantic hero who will take my breath away.

Switching mail with my cute neighbor didn’t work. Swapping coffee with a hottie at the coffee shop just got the poor barista yelled at. And bus guy? Total bust. I’m starting to wonder if Hollywood got the whole meet-cute thing wrong. Sacrilege, I know.

Is it possible the perfect leading man has been living in the apartment above me the entire time, playing the role of my best friend?

Things are about to get very interesting…"]

The other parts of the description say low-angst, but like, idk man, I felt a lot of angst (then again, its been a while where I read a novel who's single purpose was romance and it just kind of hit me how heartbreaking it was during the will-they-won't-they stuff). The other parts of the description also say: "swoony, steamy, best friends to lovers, friends with benefits turned more, laugh out loud story with low angst and plenty of heat."

Exactly what I needed to get my out of the paranoia-funk I was in after binging so many thriller novels in a row. Exactly what I needed on a rom-com kind of afternoon/evening (who doesn't fucking love rom coms, I mean, seriously?).

Meet Cutes aren't my favorite trope, but I do see the spark in them. What's your favorite rom-com trope?

#operationmeetcute #operationmeettheparents #operationhea #kmneuhold #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...