Saturday, January 1, 2022

Game, S*x, Match (#Love Wins book four)


This book (this book being Ana Byrde's "Game, S*x, Match) has been on my TBR pile for...well, since it debuted a few months ago. Since the very day it came out, I wanted to read it. And at the same time, I was super hesitant. 

["Size doesn't matter. Or does it?

I thought I found the guy. You know, that guy? The one that makes your knees go weak with one look? I found him. And then he dropped his pants and I climbed out the window. Oh, not because the size of his anaconda scared me, not at all. But because I didn't want to show him mine.

Life isn't easy when your trouser snake is more of a trouser tadpole.

I've got a plan to fix that, though. Aunt Rosy is hosting a couple's competition. All I have to do is win it, grab the prize money and get surgery to make myself bigger. The only problem? The guy Aunt Rosy's match-making app chooses as my partner for this competition.
It's the anaconda guy.

And I don't think I'm over him."]

I just wasn't sure about the whole size issue. I mean, they always say that size doesn't matter, it's what you do with it that does. And it just seemed...like a petty issue to me. Than again, I'm a cis female and therefore cannot and will not have a fully-experienced opinion on the matter.

Two chapters into this, I gotta say, the blurb could have been written better. It's not a big spoiler (since it's literally in the first paragraph of the second chapter), but these two are online best friends. And (one knows, the other doesn't) they dated before (well, the one guy knows they dated; the other guy doesn't know that his online-best-friend is his ex-almost-boyfriend). All of which, in my opinion, is more intriguing than the size thing.

ANYway, review time...

The couples competition was a little kinkier than I thought Aunt Rosy would go, but there's always healthy boundaries and room to say no (which is very Aunt Rosy). It was also somehow totally fluffy at the same time. Who thought you could have Lube-Tag Fights all the while doing such sweet things that can be seen as love confessions? Aunt Rosy. That sly little match-maker (and entrepreneur and total badass--kind of a role-model if we're being honest). 

Tiger and Daniel were super fucking cute. They were pretty much falling in love before the competition even started (the whole online best friends thing), but add some tropes in there (all courtesy of Aunt Rosy--forced proximity, there's-only-one-bed, etc) and it didn't take very long at all for the falling to turn into fallen. 

Trigger Warnings: size shaming, body shaming, self-hatred, bullying, lying by omission, etc

#gamesexmatch #fakethedate #hooklineandsinker #straightasacucumber #12daysofgay #lovewins #lovewinsseries #anabyrde #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...