Thursday, March 31, 2022

The Two Stars Collision (The College Boys of New Haven series 3)


I've been meaning to start Hayden Hall's The College Boys of New Haven series for a while now. I finally did, and skipped (sue me) to the third book: "The Two Stars Collision."

["When an adorable force meets an irresistible object they might just fall in love.

Miles
Studies astrophysics? Check.

Loves Star Wars? Check.

Still a virgin at twenty-one with zero experience in real life? Double-check.

I didn’t want any fanfare around my twenty-first birthday. But when a series of unfortunate accidents confirming Ramsey’s rules of randomness takes place right in front of my eyes, I find myself dancing with the hottest, most popular jock on campus.

Liam makes me feel special. He makes this night one to remember. He becomes the very first boy I ever kissed.

Except it’s all a charade. He’s just making his crazy ex-girlfriend crazier and I’m happy to play along. Call it a kissing practice.

But when the door is closed and his ex isn’t around to see us, are we still faking it? Or are we the crazy ones?

Liam
Am I going through one helluva breakup? Yes I am.

Am I coping with it by dancing with the first guy who accidentally pissed my ex off? You bet I am.

Hayley and I were supposed to spend our lives together. Well, that was the plan until she changed the plan. She’s now hooking up with some random caveman and I’ll be damned if I’m just going to stand here and watch.

Oops, the nerd just kissed me; and you can bet your life I kissed him back. Now she knows what it feels like.

And I discover it feels way better than I expected."]

I skipped to the third book mostly because I might have predicted the second book (and didn't realize their was a prequel until I finished book one and already knew the outcome(s) of book 0.5), but also because I read this blurb and really, really needed to read it (and the next book--sometimes I lack self-control (shocker, I know) and read all of the book blurbs in a series before I read the actual series).

This book was soooo freaking good, oh my god. So fucking fantastic. I loved the two of them, I loved their separate stories and their chemistry and how easy it was and how much they cared. I loved how they spent an entire night together watching the stars (and having sex, but I mean, you knew that was included). 

I loved all of the space talk/facts(I love stars and space and Miles explained the "we're all stardust" quote and its accuracy). I loved all of the nerd talk and geeking out (even though I don't really know anything about Star Wars and I've never even thought about playing DnD) and how it balanced with the sports talk. I love how proactive and responsible Liam's frat was (total opposite of the stereotype and so damn perfect).

Giving Hayden's writing and this series another shot was soooo worth it. Here's to the next one!

#theroommateproblem #thenerdjockconundrum #thethreeheartsequation #thetwostarscollision #thenostringstheory #thegeekyjockparadox #haydenhall #collegeboysofnewhaven #collegeboysofnewhavenseries #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blurred Lines (Darby U Hockey Boys #2)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...