Sunday, April 24, 2022

Getting Friendly (Never Just Friends #3)


I also recently realized that I never actually kept up with/finished Saxon James's "Never Just Friends" series. Again, really, really, really not sure why... Anyway, I read "Just Friends" forever ago, but the next book in line (book three) is "Getting Friendly."

["LEON
When I’m looking for a hook up, I want three things: Big, thick, and rough.
So it doesn’t make sense that I can't get my new hire out of my head.
He's a tiny guy with big ideas ... and he's my apprentice which means he's completely off limits.
But he’s already under my skin.
And for the first time with any guy, I don’t think I can hold my own against him.
Physically, yes. Emotionally, no.
Auggie makes me weak.

AUGGIE
Growing up, I always wanted to go into the family business and follow in Dad’s footsteps.
Until in my senior year of high school when he told me to find a new dream.
No one would let a small, clumsy guy like me on a construction site.
And after trying and failing for years, I was starting to believe him.
Then LJ Constructions calls me for an interview and when I meet Leon, he becomes my new dream.
He's hot as hell, self made, and instead of putting me down, he sees what I’ve always seen in myself.
But I’m not dumb enough to throw away this one chance, not even for him.
Not even if I really, really want to."]

I loooooooved these two!! Auggie was totally and completely smitten at first sight (lust at first sight too), and Leon was just like, "why's this kid talking to me" and "soo not me type". Until Auggie's blushes and awkward rambling and more-competent-than-he-believes actions really make an impression on Leon. And Leon, well, everything he does really just makes it harder for Auggie to not fall in love. Spoiler. Alert.

I wish it was that easy to fall in love, as easy as it was for these two. I mean, Leon ignored it for a long time and worked himself to death to ignore his feelings until falling in love was really the only option left. Circus (from book two) totally knew they would get a happily ever after, even if Auggie thought that wasn't going to happen for him, even if Leon thought he didn't need one.

This book also really set up some more of the plot for the final complete novel in the series ("Friendly Fire"). And I only know this because I have no self-control and read all of the blurbs to the entire series before I started book two yesterday (and has been slowly set up more and more since book one). I can't get enough of planning-ahead-plot like that (another thing I'm a complete sucker for).

#justfriends #fakefriends #gettingfriendly #friendswithbenefits #friendlyfire #neverjustfriends #aneverjustfriendsnovel #saxonjames #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...