Saturday, April 23, 2022

Making Him Mine (Divorced Men's Club #0.5)


I have nooooo clue how I missed Saxon James's "Making Him Mine" (the prequel to the Divorced Men's Club series). I don't know if I didn't know it existed, or I knew it existed but couldn't find it. Nooooo clue. Either way, I found it tonight (on #BookFunnel) and read it and loved it (obviously).

["My best friend is the love of my life … he just doesn’t know it yet. Ever since Barney finalized his divorce, I’ve been his biggest support. He needs a shoulder to cry on? I’ve got him covered. He needs someone to answer his late phone calls? I’m here all night. He needs to be fucked to within an inch of his life? Climb on up, big guy. But when he mentions he’s finally ready to start dating again, watching him meet up with guy after guy is not on my checklist.

It’s time for the best friend gloves to come off. "]

It was perfectly short and perfectly lovely. I've missed quick short stories and this one was wonderful. I don't know how some of these authors do it: get an entire story arc, all of the crushing and falling and romance and happily ever after, into such a short space (I know I've yet to do it). And Saxon's "Making Him Mine" was all of that and more.

The fluff was story. The heat was spicy. It was beautiful. A really great introduction to the series (even though I already read the first book).

#makinghimmine #roommatearrangement #platonicrulebook #divorcedmensclub #divorcedmensclubseries #saxonjames #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...