Saturday, April 16, 2022

Pick One (Sunday Brothers series #1.5)


While searching (on #ProlificWorks) for the mysterious D.J. Jamison prequel to The Games We Play, I also found a new Sunday Brother's novel, "Pick Me", by May Archer (which I believe coincides with the recent release of "Hand Picked"). I fuuuuucking looooooooooove May Archer and this series (well, allllll of them to be honest), so I wasn't mad at all. 

["I once lived a fairly quiet existence as a math professor. Then Teagan Donahue crashed into my life like a shooting star. Now, every day's a holiday, and my very best friend is also the guy I can't stop fantasizing about.

The guy I'm madly in love with.

The guy I'm ready to turn down my dream job for.

But the statistical probability of a man like Teagan wanting his shy, nerdy roommate as more than a friend is incredibly low, and if I have to choose between having everything else I've ever wanted and having Teagan in my life...well, I know which one I'll pick, every time.

Then one night on a crowded dance floor, I'm suddenly faced with a probability I've never let myself calculate: what if I don't have to choose at all?"]

This novella was soooooo cute!! I mean, they were both oblivious idiots with the same exact romantic feelings for each other as well as the same fear of telling their friend about said feelings in case they ruin their friendship. But some meddling friends (and meddling strangers—Knox and Gage from “Pick Me” made an appearance) as well as a shit ton of miscommunication and angst and sexual tension, they finally figured it out. 

And I just love how May mentioned Knox and Gage as well as allll of the Sunday brothers and the Goodman brothers and this whole big, wide, connected universal of gay Happily Ever Afters she created. I can’t get enough of it to be honest.

Here’s to “Hand Picked” (and eventually “Cherry Picked”).

#pickme #pickone #handpicked #cherrypicked #sundaybrothers #sundaybrothersseries #loveinoleary #loveinolearyseries #whisperingkey #whisperingkeyseries #mayarcher #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...