Saturday, April 9, 2022

Podcast Edition: Murder With My Husband

I haven't been reading a lot lately, because I've been binge-watching the true-crime podcast (the latter 60+ish episodes also video recorded for Youtube) Murder With My Husband.

I listened to a couple of episodes on Spotify in Florida with my sister and was totally intrigued. I mean, I love true crime, but there was something about how Payton and Garrett told the stories (well, mostly Payton--she loves it, he hates it) that pulled me in and made me want to listen to more. 

I skipped a bunch of podcast episodes to watch the ones they video-recorded for YouTube (while also audio-recording them for their podcasts). I'll soon go back and listen to those, but I just finished watching all of their videos and needed to share. One: it's what's keeping me from reading lately, therefore what's keeping me from posting. Two: they're that good.

Payton loves true crime and was always complimented how well she told stories (well, not stories, they're real events that really happened, but my words are broken right now so...) to anyone who would listen, so she decided to do a podcast, really only expecting their loved ones to listen. Garrett hates true crime, but loves his wife so he dutifully listens to these stories. Now they have a ton of followers and merch and a Pateron. 

What I love about Murder With My Husband is how Payton tells them. She's so great at building suspense and not giving anything (too major) away before the most opportune moment(s) (which is also when Garrett learns them, so all of his reactions are real and completely genuine). She doesn't fill the episode with too much fluffy nonsense that doesn't pertain to the story itself, unlike other podcasts/documentaries. 

Payton and Garrett also have sooooo much empathy and sympathy for the victims. The episodes are predominately titled after the victims instead of the perpetrators, giving much needed agency back to the people who were victimized. Payton gets super emotional and cries a few times, because she's just overwhelmed with how these people were robbed of so much, typically for no reason at all. And at the end of every episode, they take a few minutes to remember the best qualities of the victims, dedicating a few moments to keep these people in their thoughts. Many times, there's more information on the perpetrator, but Payton makes a point to not share it, as to continue to give the power back to the victims. 

I just loooooove this podcast and these people, and I wanted to share them with you. If you like true crime or podcasts or if you want to try something new, I would toooootally and completely recommend Murder With My Husband (the podcast, not the activity ;) ). The only downside, I've been completely and utterly overly-paranoid lately, so theres that.

#murderwithmyhusband #mwmh #truecrime #truecrimepodcast #murdermysteries #thrillers #books #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...