Saturday, April 16, 2022

Taken By Storm (The Off Season #2)


K.M. Neuhold's latest (amazing) series, The Off Season (also known as the Palm Island Books), just came out with its second official book: "Taken By Storm."

["Chef Storm is moody, antisocial...and he just asked me to be his fake boyfriend.

Most people on the island avoid the hot-tempered chef, but he doesn't scare me. Sure, he's prickly, but I've also caught him feeding a stray cat, so I know there's more to him than the sky-high, barbed-wire fence he's built around himself.

When Storm's ex-husband shows up unexpectedly during the off-season and refuses to go home, pretending to be Storm’s boyfriend is apparently my new job.

Faking it with my grumpy boss should not be this much fun, especially since the last thing I need is to make a fool of myself by falling for anyone else on the island.

Is there anything more exciting than being swept up in a storm? Maybe taming one…"]

I just love this series. Sooooooo much. The characters are so unique and quirky and beautiful. They're so close-knit and loving and yet tease each other relentlessly. I love the setting and the whole Off Season plot concept. I love how the love is There, waiting for them on the island already, they just have to fall into it (with a little help from the ghost founders).

These two were just as cute and amazing as the rest. They fell hard for each other as soon as the fake-boyfriend-thing started, but they ignored it or wrote it off as lust.

They fought it, but like not very hard. They were more anxious about going back on their word about not wanting a relationship and not having a good experience with relationships. I mean like, who is?

Annnnd, I was right about there just having to be more books in the series. There are just sooooo many characters/pairings hinted at in the first book (and this one) for there to be only two in the series. The next book doesn't come out until October though. :/ Boo. 

#therealdeal #perfectten #takenbystorm #dirtytrick #theoffseason #theoffseasonseries #palmisland #palmislandbooks #kmneuhold #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...