Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Matched By My Rival (Thrust Into Love series #2)


I don't know how I missed the Thrust Into Love series when I binged D.J. Jamison's books a few months ago. Literally, don't know. But it came up in an email I got recently through D.J. (and #BookFunnel) promoting Pride Month, so here we are. The second book is titled "Matched By My Rival."

["Simon Prentiss: ex-football star, bitter rival, and...falling for the enemy?

I hate my teammate, Parker Reed.
I hate that he makes me work so hard for my position on the field.
Hate how he always smiles. How easily he shows me up when I'm injured.

Most of all, I hate that he made me lose my temper.

Next thing I know, football is gone.
My scholarship is gone.
I'm nearly gone, too.

With help, I manage to stay in school for my final semester.
At least without football, I can explore a new side to myself.
See where my attraction to guys takes me without fear of it affecting my future.

I didn't see it coming. The cosmic joke.
The sweet, patient guy on the hookup app?
The one who makes me burn with the desire to have him?

Yeah, it's Parker.

Our chemistry is off the charts, no matter how much I resent him.
Holding a grudge against him is impossible.
But when he wants to walk away from everything I lost, can I accept it?

If I don't, I'll lose him too--and that can't happen.
Because I don't hate Parker Reed.
I think I love him."]

Enemies to lovers. Jock rivals romance. What more could you ask for?!

A not-so-slow slow burn and a soul-mate-y feeling mixed with totally accepting families (spoiler alert I guess) and a dreamy plan for the future? Yup, all of that. 

Plus some hot sex and suuuuppppper sweet fluff. And some second-hand embarrassment and awkward first meetings and a lot of what-the-hell-is-my-future stuff. So, not all rainbows and butterflies and gay love happily ever after, but a lot of it. ;)

It took me a bit to get into this book, only because I was soooooo instantly enthralled by the first book, I expected the same thing from this one instead of that getting-to-know-you grace period from a new book. So that was on me. But otherwise, a fan-fucking-tastic read. 

#swipedbymydadsbestfriend #matchedbymyrival #tappedbymyroommate #sextedbysanta #thrustintolove #djjamison #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...