Saturday, July 16, 2022

Holiday Fling


New author, same old binge-reading habits. Crystal Lacy, the new(ish--to me--sorta) author. "Holiday Fling", the same old binge-reading habits.

["All Jake has to do is remember it's a fling.

During my flight to Honolulu, the sexy guy on the next seat drunkenly admits his bi-curiosity. Naturally, I don't hesitate to volunteer as tribute to be his first kiss. He politely declines, but then we run into each other in the hotel bar.

Thus begins a hot holiday fling with Bennett. Bennett's on the rebound and I've never had a serious relationship. This thing between us can only be casual. But just because this is temporary doesn't mean I can't help salvage what's left of Bennett's Christmas.

If only I didn't have to keep reminding myself not to catch feelings."]

Romance and falling in love should be easy. And it was for Jake and Bennett. So. Damn. Easy. They just connected. It was easy to spend time together, get to know each other, take care of each other, fall into bed together, fall in love. 

The relationship is the hard part. Not knowing if it'll work out when you get back home, away from the romance and ambiance and the easiness of Hawaii and falling in love. But being home, being around and out to family, making time around busy work schedules, and the unfair and unforgiving thing that is reality, is the hard part.

I didn't want anything more in a long time more than I wanted Jake and Bennett to work out. They just had to get out of their heads, listen to their hearts, and TALK to each other.

#holidayfling #crystallacy #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dad Next Door (Crimson Club #5)

Attempting to get to my backlog of favorite authors and their newest releases... Here's Willow Dixon's "Dad Next Door." It...