Saturday, August 27, 2022

Color My Kiss (Valentine's Inc #5)


Taking a short(ish) detour from tidying up TBR piles by reading the rest of the Valentine's Inc series (I read the ninth book a bit ago when I was binge-reading through Crystal Lacy's stuff). The fifth book in this series is titled "Color My Kiss," and it's by Michel Notaro. 

["Valentine’s Inc.
Need a date? Want to impress your boss or maybe your ex?
Looking for the love of your life?
Give us a call for all your dating needs!

Dakota
Working for Valentine’s Inc. isn’t exactly my favorite job in the world, but it’s not bad either. I need the extra cash, anyway, so it’s kinda perfect. The real problem is that I never expected to meet someone I actually like, and now that I’m fake dating him for a whole weekend, it’s hard to separate the job from my feelings. Especially when Poe looks at me like he really cares.

Poe
My sister’s getting married, and all of our friends are on my case about having a date for the wedding. Unfortunately, I think I have the not-dateable gene, so I come up empty. And when I find out my ex is going to be there, I contact Valentine’s Inc. in desperation. I had no idea they were going to send someone as perfect as Dakota. Too bad he’s only pretending to like me because I think I want to date him—for real.

Dakota and Poe need to navigate through their feelings and figure out if they can find true love together or if everything they feel for one another is simply just for show."]

Okay, slightly obsessed with these two. They were so dynamic and just fit together. They made each other happy and feel safe and the whole butterflies thing. They were protective and got each other and laughed. I think some of the issue was a lack-of-communication on the feelings part, but when they finally talked, they...didn't have to talk, if you know what I mean. ;)

I could have done without some of the angst the morning after the wedding. Honestly, I could have just gotten a fluffy scene and then an epilogue after that evening; that's how I would have ended the book.

Definitely adding Michele to my will-binge-read-in-the-future list.

#colormykiss #michelenotaro

#kissmelikeyoumeanit #kissoff #kissingtheteacher #colormykiss #kissingourloves #kissingbooth #kissingmetomorrow #kissedinparadise #kissinglessons #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...