Saturday, August 27, 2022

Kiss and Run (Valentine's Inc #4)


Taking a short(ish) detour from tidyng up TBR piles by reading the rest of the Valentine's Inc series (I read the ninth book a bit ago when I was binge-reading through Crystal Lacy's stuff). The fourth book in this series is titled "Kiss and Run," and it's by K.M. Neuhold. K.M. re-released the novella featured in this series as a full-lengthened novel under the titled "Painted Lace."

["Austin never realized he was painting his life with shades of gray, until Keaton came along and injected a rainbow of color.

Keaton is a tornado of chaos and paint, which turns out to be more exciting than I ever would’ve imagined. I love my organized, predictable life...or at least I thought I did. But what started as a casual hookup is slowly becoming so much more, and I find myself loving the beautiful mess more than I expected.

Can two people so different really make it work once feelings get involved?"]

I'm not really sure why I never read this book when I originally binged Neuhold's books, but since I have, K.M. has been one of my very favorite authors, and this short story didn't fail to amaze me.

Because this book was fucking fantastic. Their different personalities just messed so well. They had the same worries and insecurities and needs and dreams. They worked so well together. Nothing about this or them felt rushed or too fast or time-skippy. It was practically perfect. 

#kissandrun #paintedlace #kmneuhold

#kissmelikeyoumeanit #kissoff #kissingtheteacher #colormykiss #kissingourloves #kissingbooth #kissingmetomorrow #kissedinparadise #kissinglessons #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blurred Lines (Darby U Hockey Boys #2)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...