Friday, August 19, 2022

P.S. I Loathe You


Trying to catch up on some of my TBRs piled up in my Kindle account before my next binge-read session...Here's Isla Olsen's book "P.S. I Loathe You" (not to be confused with Lisi Harrison's "P.S. I Loathe You," the Clique #10):

["The worst thing my sister ever did was agree to marry Devon Montgomery.

The best thing she ever did was cancel the wedding two weeks out from the big day.

It’s not that I don’t like Devon. It’s that I hate him. I detest him. I loathe him. And, for some reason, the feeling is mutual, although why anyone would hate someone as amazing as me is completely beyond my understanding.
Devon, on the other hand? He’s an overbearing, uptight, pretentious snob who wouldn’t know a good time if it bit him on the arse. I mean, yes, he’s insanely attractive. And, yes, he’s been known to star in some particularly dirty fantasies of mine—ones of the hate-sex variety. But that’s all it is.

Well, that’s all it was supposed to be..

Until I discover Devon has been having the exact same fantasies about me. Turns out he’s not so averse to fun after all…"]

Enemies to lovers meets opposites attract? Yes, please. Plus some miscommunication trope? Duh. And add a little bit of meant-to-be, never-felt-like-this-before, missing-puzzle-piece action? Obviously.

This one was a quick and easy read. Like 3 hours, I think (if that)?

Another surprise with this one, I gotta say. I wasn't expecting the relationship aspect of the fuck-buddy-ness to be so...seamless. Though, it was beautifully written and really added to that meant-to-be feeling.

I loved every single scene they were in, especially after they managed to "bond over common ground." It was a mix of their old hate-fueled relationship with the quick barbs and sassy comments, but it had some fond flirting and soft touches in there. I loved it. So. Much. ((and of course I did, it's Isla Olsen))

#psiloatheyou #islaolsen #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...