Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Rogue (Mike Bravo Ops #2)


Trying to catch up on some of my TBRs piled up in my Kindle account before my next binge-read session...Here's Eden Finely's "Rogue" (its the second book in the Mike Bravo Ops series).

["Trav
I remember the first time I met Dylan Rodriguez. It was one sweaty encounter I’ll never forget.
The second time we met, he arrested me. I can still see the hot scowl on his beautiful face as he slapped handcuffs on me and realized I was … me.
Dylan’s main goal in life is to forget he ever met me. My goal is to make him mine.
Turns out, I'm better at this game than he is.

Dylan
When my law enforcement career falls to pieces in front of my own eyes, I don’t know who I can trust.
I have nowhere to go. No one to turn to.
Asking Trav for help is a last resort, but I’m desperate.
If he can’t get me out of this mess, I may as well turn myself over to the guys hunting me down.
I’m not sure which will be more difficult: protecting my life or my heart. Because when it comes to love, my heart wants what my brain doesn’t. It wants Travis West"]

Okay, listen, these two flirted like they were already an old married couple. Granted, Dylan was the bitter, angry one (with secret lusty feelings), and Trav kept trying to flirt his way out of, or into, trouble (and into Dylan’s heart): "Hey, some men flirt by sending flowers. I send you wanted drug lords. I thought you'd like that better.”

 I just loved their dynamic and how their relationship transformed through the course of the novel (all the while they were getting shot at and getting naked—at least they weren’t shot at while naked). 

And then entire team making fun of Trav? Fucking priceless.

Also, I do remember Trav and the bunker/camp from "Pop Star" (book one in Eden's Famous series) when they blew shit up and almost got killed (in an unrelated, stalker-related incident)--fun times. Really glad to be able to read their HEAs now, too. :D

#iris #rogue #edenfinely #mikebravoops #mikebravoopsseries #popstar #books #queerbooks #queererotica #bodicerippers #bookstagram #bookphotography #ilovebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hidden Scars (Darby U Hockey Boys #1)

When there's far too many books to pick from, what do you do? Naturally, panic and read nothing while you debate (with yourself) on what...